Monday, February 27, 2012

25 weeks = 175 days of our Diet and Fitness "Experiment"......I'm a little nervous lol

As I mentioned recently my Hubby and I have agreed/volunteered/been talked into carrying out an experiment in the name of Year 12 Studies.  My Mr17 is doing Community Studies this year and his project for the year will be us.  Hubby and I getting slimmer and fitter and the effectiveness of various machines/DVDs/Xbox/Wii games.

25 weeks will be divided into weekly chunks.  Each exercise routine will last 1 week.  Every day we will do at least 30-60 minutes of exercise and at the end of each week we will weigh and measure ourselves. 

As the list of exercises got written down yesterday I began to feel very nervous.  Nervous at the length of our "experiment" and being able to stick to a diet/exercise routine for that length of time and nervous about committing to daily exercise with a body that has been a bit of a couch potato for the last couple of years.  I am very determined to do it though, as it is for Mr17's studies and I definitely don't want to let him down. 

Hubby and I were talking about it last night and we both feel that this is probably the kick up the bum we both need.  We have both been pretty slack lately and exercise hasn't been happening as often as it should.  I know that I, for one, can feel how unfit I am.  I have aches and pains that I shouldn't have at my age and I know that I need to strengthen my body and get it fitter for later life.

Our list of exercise routines are as follows (the order hasn't yet been established):
Treadmill
Vibration Machine
Cross Trainer
Bowflex

Tae Bo DVD
Pilates DVD
Zumba DVD
The Firm with Weights DVD
Kettle Ball DVD
Resistance Cord DVD

Wii Active
Wii Biggest Loser
Wii You Shape
Wii Cardio Dance Workout
Wii Just Dance
Wii Family Trainer
Wii Michael Jackson Experience
Wii Don King Boxing
Wii Fit

Xbox Dance Central
Xbox Just Dance 3
Xbox Jillian Michaels Fitness 
Xbox Your Shape 
Xbox Get Fit with Mel B
Xbox Active

We will be starting off our "diet" by following the Flat Belly Diet and then slowly easing into just a healthy eating approach.  We will be drinking predominantly plain water as our drink.  My son wants me to keep a daily account of my eating and exercise and also would like a daily weigh in.  I might use my blog as my "daily accounting area" lol.  Next Monday is our day to start.  Hubby has already made a list of things he wants to eat this week lol,,,,Smiths Potato Chips are at the top of his list. He actually wanted me to buy 7 packets today so he can have one a day,,,,,,,I didn't buy them so he will do the puppy dog eye routine tonight lol.  

So Monday March 5 through to Sunday August 26 is our time to shine.  We can do this.........I think lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm fascinated! I'll be following - and any tips you can give us - will be greatly appreciated.
Sending you warm but slimming hugs!