Monday, January 16, 2012

Miss 12 turns 13 - Bring on the Teenage Years for our only girl!!

Well it has happened,,,,our only girl in this house of boys has turned into a teenager, a scary thought lol.

She has changed so much this last year as she has progressed through to the end of primary school, ready to start high school in two weeks time.  The language has changed (not for the better I might add!), the likes and dislikes have changed (also not necessarily for the better lol) and she has become struck by this mysterious disease called "Bieber Fever".  This is a girl that hated Justin Bieber with all her might earlier in the year last year.  I, in my mean mum phase, made all the kids watch the Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" movie because I wanted to see it out of curiousity so it became one of our Friday night movie night movies lol.  She grumbled and had a intense sour look on her face for the entire movie.  The boys put up with it and I think actually quite enjoyed it to an extent.  Anyway about 6-8 weeks after we saw it, she all of a sudden was obsessed with him.  She declared that all she wanted for both Christmas and Birthday was Justin Bieber stuff.  Well we kind of had other plans for Christmas, I don't really go into fads too much, because in the past she has been known to change her mind at the drop of a hat and the said fad items are then left to become giant dust bunnies under her bed.  So Christmas saw her getting a Calendar, book and towel in amongst her presents, oh and a JB CD too.  That to me was plenty of things to keep her happy and yet still allowed for a few other gifts that would stand the test of time.

For her birthday though, I decided to go against my usual thoughts and give her a truly Bieber birthday.  She needed a new bike so that was her main present but over the last couple of months I had searched Ebay and the like and got some real bargains for her, spending quite little as they were at bargain basement prices.  I got her a stash of Bieber presents.  She ended up with a cover for her DSI which lives at her mum's house and is now smothered with Bieber.  She got a phone sock for her mobile phone which her mum bought her.  She got a tshirt, 2 pillow cases, a mug, 2 books, I made up a frame and filled it with photos of the Biebenator, she got a Bieber birthday card and a personalised plaque for the wall and of course her much asked for Bieber cake.

I struggled with this one.  I can do cartoon characters but Bieber, well this is one I really had a problem with.  My solution in the end was to print a few pictures and laminate them and stick them to the cake.  I did the cake purple and pink, her favourite colours and then in icing I made the words Justin Bieber with a love heart and the number 13 on it.  She was suitably happy I think with my efforts, probably more so than I was.




The table was a sea of wrapping paper as I wrapped each thing individually.  Thankfully about 80% of the wrapping was left intact enough to be reused (I hate seeing wrapping paper get tossed lol,,,,I tend to use it to post items I sell on Ebay, especially DVDs!!)

I just realised that in my blog absence I hadn't posted anything for my 2 boys birthdays, or much in the way of Christmas,,,I have been so slack!  Here are a few photos from these other momentous events that have taken place in the last few weeks......

There was Christmas baking with the kids.....






There was a 17th Birthday on Christmas Eve....


Then there was Christmas,,,,waiting for the everyone to gather for present opening can be so hard on Christmas morning lol......


 There was playing in the pool with their big cousin on Christmas day (this was my brother's pool, we don't have one lol)

There was a 15th birthday party with some good mates.....


and just an overall good time has been had for the most part.  Christmas holidays are a time where I always have great plans but in the end very little of those plans get done.  With the 3 birthdays and Christmas the first 4 weeks of holidays pass by in a blur and then we are organising the back to school stuff,,,,,why can't the summer break be longer?????? lol I can't believe I actually am saying that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Miss 13...how exciting...gotta lov the teenage changes...you did so well with the Biebs cake!! Busy time, you will need a holiday when the kids go back to school xx