Monday, August 22, 2011

Unexpected diagnosis

I took my Mr11 to our regular doctor today and we got a most unexpected diagnosis from him.  I sent my son to school today as he only had cold like symptoms and hadn't been sick since last Thursday.  He looked a little flat but nothing more than when you have a cold so I decided he would be fine,,,,no runny nose, just a cough every so often. 

Well I received a phone call from the school about half an hour before the end of school asking me to pick him up as he said he felt sick again.  I went in there and as usual he was bright enough but just a bit pale and said he was feeling sick.  Since we were going to the doctor's in about an hour I just took him home for a little sit down.  Off we went to the doctor who proceeded to do the usual feel of  his stomach and listen to his chest.  He said he believed it was either pneumonia or some kind of bronchial infection. I just about fell over when he said possible pneumonia.  We had to go off for a chest xray and then to the chemist to get some antibiotics and a ventolin puffer.  We get the results tomorrow.

I have Mr9 home as well with a very similar sort of cold like symptoms so have made him an appointment for tomorrow,,,,just in case!

Keep your fingers crossed for my boy!!

7 comments:

Tania said...

Oh dear that is not good news Colleen. Hope Mr11 and Mr9 are feeling better soon.

There are terrible bugs and flu's going around at the moment, I am almost too scared to go anywhere. Touch wood we haven't had any yet this year...

Unknown said...

You just can't tell sometimes. Some illnesses are so obscure. I hope they and you are all good.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope it doesn't get worse. It must be a relief to know what he has and hopefully it can get better!love,andrea

OurGangof7 said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone :)

It was funny last night when Mr11 took his first antibiotic capsule....my kids rarely get sick and not many antibiotics have been needed over their lives at all. It was the first time Mr11 had had to try to swallow a capsule and he was so proud of himself when he managed to do it on just one mouthful of water lol

littlekarstar said...

Oh you poor thing, your household is going through the wars! Hope your kids are ok and recover quickly. Tell Mr11 he is very brave. I can't even swallow teeny tiny pills, make me gag instantly and I'm many decades older than he is!

Patti Boyd said...

Hope your guy is feeling better---pill swallowing is not my favorite thing because I have such an overactive gag reflex---so, well done Mr11!

Warm thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Blessings, Patti

Siding Contractors Boulder said...

Thanks great blog poost