Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finally its coming together...... Crochet rocks!!!

Well you may remember a while ago I showed you a stack of crocheted granny squares of various colours.  It has been slow going, I don't get a lot of time to sit and crochet, so nothing gets done in a speedy kind of fashion.  But I wanted to show you just a sneak peek of where I am at with my Granny Square Blanket.

Ta-daaaaaa!


This is just a little peek of the back of it.  Hubby has claimed this as his (yes I know it has pink and purple in it but hey he wants it so who am I to argue lol).  I decided to do my joining in black just to give it a little bit of a manly colour somewhere in there lol.  I have two more rows to add on and then I have to join the horizontal rows.  The joining definitely hasn't been my favourite bit, it seems to be very slow going but hey, it is at least starting to resemble a rug now!!!  I am guessing at this pace it will take another week at least for me to get it finished in the joining area and then I am going to add more rows of granny square stitching around the outside to make it that bit bigger.  I was hoping to get it finished in time for Hubby to use it while the weather was still cool but oh well, a girl can't do everything right???

2 comments:

Tania said...

Your blanket looks great!

I have started many of these and never finished one lol!

OurGangof7 said...

Lol I have hubby harping at me to finish it so I have determination. I am prone to not completing things but I am trying to turn a new leaf. I tend to get bored and like to start the next shiny new thing I spot because I get sick of looking at the current project. Only problem is if it put it aside I know I won't finish it. So for me it is strictly one thing at a time these days lol.