Thursday, October 7, 2010

WHEATGERM MUFFINS..........YUMMY!!!

My Mr8 and I were bored yesterday afternoon so I decided we would whip up a batch of muffins.  I didn't feel like cooking but Mr8 was eager so I dragged out one of my trusty old recipes that I haven't made in a few years and whipped them up.  The result.....Mr8 was happy as it was a nice simple recipe that he could do mostly himself and all the family enjoyed them even the ones that don't like sultanas since I only had a handful of sultanas left to add lol.

These muffins come in at approx 1974 calories for the entire batch.  We got 12 decent sized muffins out of the batch which makes them approx 162 calories each (this was calculated minues the sultanas as I didn't measure the amount I put in lol).

This was the result......



They are really soft and moist in the middle while having a delightful little crust on the outside.  These truly are foolproof.  I used to make them all the time when I worked and took them as part of my lunch every couple of days.  Going by the way they disappeared, it looks like they will become a regular feature on my baking list from now on!!

Here is the recipe:
WHEATGERM MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup Plain Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/3 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
1 1/4 cups Wheatgerm
1/2 cup Raw Sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup oil
Dried Fruit (whatever you have on hand or like)

METHOD
Simply mix in order given
Bake in moderate oven for approx 15 minutes

ENJOY!!

No comments: