Friday, September 26, 2008

School holidays are upon me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have precisely 1 hour and 9 minutes until the troops get out of school. I'm feeling more than a little apprehensive because they have been extra argumentative with one another lately. One only has to breathe and it can start an argument. Can I make it through 16 days lol??????

I love the relaxing part of school holidays.....the not having to be up and out the door by 8.15 and the fact that I don't have to organise school recess and lunch each day but man!!!! The arguing and the "I'm bored" is enough to drive me batty. I am still trying to think up things to do with them that doesn't cost the earth and preferably are totally free, but I'm not having much luck. Looks like bike rides and a few trips to the park may be on the agenda, and maybe a trip to the museum and/or the beach now the weather is warming up.

This weekend is going to be a busy one, which hopefully 4 pairs of smaller hands will help with. We want to dismantle the cubby house and put it out the front with a "Free to good home" sign attached. Hopefully someone can get some joy from it. The kids haven't looked at it in about a year now so it is just taking up space in the backyard here. I want to get into the garden and plant some plants that have been loitering around in pots for way too long. Hopefully we get stuck into the older two boy's bedroom as well. We want to swap beds around and thoroughly go through it and get rid of the junk that seems to have accumulated within their walls. I just hope we can actually get all of this achieved over the next two days and also find some time to relax and enjoy each other's company.

Hmmmmm will need to psych myself up I think!!!!

No comments: